Oh thank goodness, I got to see G (studio owner). I’ve missed her so much and it was just luck that she was there with her arms wide open as I walked through the door. Naturally I just started bawling. Then I told her about the lack of balance and how my practice is a shit show now. Eh.
Things were a little better today, though. I set up right next to the wall just in case I was off balance. And luckily the noon class was sparse enough that I wouldn’t fall onto my neighbor’s mat like last time. :-)
Okay, here we go:
- Warm Up:
- Pranayama… my back was sore during this and I had to take a break. It’s weird to feel like I need a break just from breathing, but whatever.
- Half Moon – Went much deeper today, felt good, doing my best on the alignment. Hands to feet felt so good today – nice stretch.
- Awkward – was able to balance better on part 2 today. Mostly I just stood there for all three parts with my arms in the air. I’ll get back there.
- Eagle – Hate it. Was able to balance a little enough to get one leg up. After class G said she thought my eagle looked good. I personally think she was looking at someone else.
- Balancing Series:
- Standing Head To Knee – still could just occasionally keep one foot off the floor. Just kept my focus on locking out the appropriate knee.
- Standing Bow – Tried for grabbing my foot, but the balance wasn’t there. But at least today I was able to just stand on one leg and bend the other back. Progress.
- Stick – Not even a little.
- Other Standing Stuff:
- Standing Separate Leg Stretching: Feels so good. Did both sets this time.
- Triangle: Love it. Did well. Got a call out from G. <3
- Standing Separate Leg Head To Knee: This was a little better today… I was shaky, but able to do it. I just got in and out of the posture at a slower pace than everyone else.
- Tree: I basically just put my foot on my calf. That’s all I could accomplish.
- Honestly, the floor poses felt great. The main thing to say is that during Lotus I got my hands under my belly farther than they ever have been before. Sheesh! That hurts like a mother!
- OH! And I did rabbit for the first time ever. I mean, I modified, but usually I just lay it out and ignore it. This time I tried a little experiment and it worked. I mean, it’s going to be years before my head touches the floor (stupid belly), but I’m squishing myself and rounding my spine. So yay!
And who should I spy in a coming/going moment? Cynthia, who I haven’t seen in months because I’ve been hibernating and not participating in personal growth. Turns out, she’s got a women’s gathering tonight, and I’mma go.
Guess that’s it. Feels good to be back. Staying in the room feels wonderful. Hitting the noon class tomorrow. Thanks for all the support, peeps. Much love to you all.