Jesus. Let’s just start there. Je–sus.
I left work early on Thursday and had contemplated all day going to class. I’ve needed it. Things here have been pretty rough and I knew I needed to NOT go home and crawl into bed like I’ve been doing for a while now. So I hauled ass so I could make it to the 4:30 (as we all know, I hate going to the 2nd class – too smelly, too juicy, too ick).
So because I’m in a bad place, and it’s hard to see through the tears, I’m just going to bullet point this shit:
- It was hot in there. I mean, I know it’s *always* hot in there, but it was like my first class all over again and it was fucking hot in there.
- I didn’t start sweating until triangle. How weird is that? I was well-hydrated (that’s one thing I’ve kept up on), and there were electrolytes in my water, but… I was dry as a bone. Weird.
- Warm up series:
- Pranayama was okay. I didn’t loathe it this time, even though I’m *positive* the teacher made us do it 45 times in a row.
- Half Moon – didn’t have to rest my arms. They stayed over my head and that felt like a little victory.
- Awkward – shaky legs. Couldn’t do it.
- Eagle – Again – shaky legs, could only stand there with my arms crossed awkwardly.
- Balancing Series:
- Let’s just say that I was 100% incapable of standing on one leg. Whatever strength and balance I had acquired has dissipated. I fell over and over and over and sometimes onto my neighbor’s mat simply from lifting one foot off the floor. Unbelievable. Part of me wonders if this is related to a new medication I’m on, which has made me bump into things and feel off-balance in general, but it was almost funny how back to basics I had to go.
- Other Standing Stuff:
- The bendy forward one felt amazing, but I was a bit dizzy so I only did one set and stood out the other.
- I rocked triangle like nobody’s business and only stood out 1/4. Teacher even gave me a personal shout out for that one. Yay! Triangle *is* my fave posture in case you didn’t know.
- The other bendy forward one and tree were difficult because of the balance too. I mean, I couldn’t do TREE. Good lord.
- Floor poses: During Savasana I apologized quietly to my neighbor for being all over the place during standing series (and sharing her mat with her on occasion). She’s a regular and knew me from before and said it’s hard when you come back, and not to worry about it. She was so gracious.
- Not much to say here. They all went pretty well, other than the normal things I can’t do (Floor Bow, 3rd part of Lotus, and Rabbit.
- My belly was too soft during final breathing. I could tell I’ve lost some ground there.
Highlights: I stood out poses instead of laying down. I assumed I’d be laying down like nobody’s business but it never happened. This is what I’m most proud of. Oh, and I never left the room. WOO!
Friday was such a long day that I missed all the class times, and today was a day of wallowing in self-pity, doing a lot of crying, emotionally eating, and basically talking myself out of going to class. But not tomorrow. Tomorrow it’s on. Tomorrow I GO!
I’ve missed you guys. Sincerely. XOXOXO