Whew! It’s been four days since my last class and I’ve been looking forward to getting back after having a busy weekend and feeling under the weather.
I hit up the 6:30pm class with Gerdette. I adore her. Something about her lovely Irish accent (at least I think it’s Irish) just takes the edge right off the heat. How nice is that?
I felt a little better about tonight’s class than I have about previous ones. Less self-loathing, maybe? I don’t know. It felt like I was cutting myself a break this time around, and honestly, it made the class much more enjoyable. Sometimes it’s hard to get off my own back, though.
I had a nice chat after class with a few regulars, and that was awesome. Worming my way into the community. We talked about how we were feeling, how class was, how long we’ve been doing this (they’ve been coming for about a year). It was great to bond.
- My elbows touched on all of the initial breathing postures.
- I made it through two sides of triangle pose (but only one set). This is excellent!
- My tree poses are getting stronger and better.
- I kicked ass with cobra pose tonight. 100% back, baby!
- Still can’t touch my forehead to *any* part of my body. Too much belly in the way. I suspect it will be that way for a long time.
Things I’m still trying to figure out:
- How the heck do I get the sole of my foot to face the ceiling during Tree Pose? What is it about my legs that keeps them from rotating that way? Will they rotate eventually? Is it because my legs are fat? Is it a flexibility issue, because I don’t feel inflexible for this pose.
- Standing Separate-Leg Stretching – When my forehead touches the floor, am I holding weight on my head and neck? Because if I’m rolling onto my toes, it seems that will be the case. Maybe I don’t understand this pose fully.
Still hovering at 4 pounds lost.
Time for bed. Ahhhh.