Yeah, I went to class #6 in order to include my lesson in the tally. I’m okay with this.
Class tonight was TOUGH. It was brutally hot and it felt like I was breathing through a wet towel. A hot, wet towel. People were grunting, gasping, and moaning. I could feel this amazing vibe going through the room – I was NOT the only one suffering tonight. People were fleeing that room left and right and every time someone left I felt envious. I kept thinking that the breeze from the door opening would sustain me, and it did for a while. But then I just couldn’t take one more moment.
So tonight, for the first time, I left the room. Just for one set of poses, sure, but still a breach. I came back after two minutes feeling refreshed and ready to finish the damned class.
- I did some deep stretching of my lower back in the hot room before class started, and it helped! Lower back didn’t scream today!
- Half Moon: I kept my arms up in the air from start to finish! This is a first. So much room for improvement, but this is a start.
- Awkward Pose: I’m getting a little better at this one. My body felt better doing this one tonight.
- Eagle Pose: Ugh. There’s too much body on my body. It gets in the way of doing every part of this pose.
- Standing Bow: I actually grabbed my right foot tonight without the help of a towel! Oddly, I cannot grab my left foot. Weird.
- Standing Separate Leg Head to Knee Pose: I honestly haven’t even attempted this pose yet. By the time it comes around, I’m in desperate need of a lie-down.
- Rabbit Pose: I still hate it, I still lay down through it. My belly just makes it impossible.
I’m beat. I’m always glad I went to class, even if it feels impossible to get through. I still don’t know what keeps me going back. I can’t explain it.